Home Owner Empowerment Workshops
By John Becker, Communications Coordinator, Atlanta BeltLine Partnership
In the Fall of 2016, the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership and HomePlace Consulting teamed up to provide a series of free homeowner empowerment workshops. The workshops were designed to make sure existing homeowners in Atlanta BeltLine neighborhoods are equipped to take advantage of available resources to stay in their homes, or knowledgeably evaluate opportunities if they are considering selling.
Led by home ownership consultant Tia McCoy, the FREE 2-hour community workshops provide information on:
· Resources available to help homeowners stay in their homes
· Homeowner occupied rehab programs
· Property taxes and tax exemptions
· Homeowners insurance and code enforcement
· How to calculate the value of your home
· What investors do with homes they purchase
· How to get a fair price if you sell
· How to be engaged in your community
Our 2016 workshops were very well attended and additional free workshops are planned for the spring of 2017, thanks to the sponsorship of Citizens Trust Bank. Our first 2017 workshop was held March 11 at KIPP STRIVE Academy and it was well attended. Watch for announcements of additional workshop times and locations soon.